Over the years, I’ve been obsessed with various Hollywood hunks, including:
- Clint Eastwood – he makes my day when he squints and waves around that .44 Magnum.
- Sean Connery – shaken not stirred; the accent is enough to make me shiver.
- Jimmy Stewart – the under-appreciated reliable guy a smart woman would choose.
- Cary Grant – he’s suave, sophisticated, and amusing if a bit flip.
- Johnny Depp – a rogue, a pirate, a guy with great lips.
- Pierce Brosnan – one of my early Hollywood crushes – I choose to forget that I used to have a crush on Erik Estrada too.
But, hands down, my all time favorite Hollywood Leading Man has got to be
Gene Kelly. I choose to think of him in the present tense.
He has muscles.
He has a great smile.
He can be tough.
He is not afraid to be sappy and romantic.
He can sing.
Have doubts about him being the best dancer ever?
Well, I have to admit, that Donald O’Connor does awesomely with Gene in this fabulous clip from Singing in the Rain, “Moses Supposes.” Donald is my 2nd favorite dancer – I never saw the attraction to geeky, gawky, pansy-butt Fred Astaire.
But, check him out here, tap dancing on roller skates. Please ignore the silly song and just watch this awesome routine.
Even Keifer Sutherland’s Jack Bauer can NOT compare to Gene. Just. Can’t. Do. It.